Monday, September 21, 2015

Curious Sister

Hello once more! Yesterday I had a nice long discussion with my brother about the differences between him and I, and now my sister, Simile wants to join the conversation as well. She's asking me questions about how she fits in with the rest of the metaphors and why she's so different. I explained to her that her only difference is that she contains the words "like" or "as", unlike my brother and I. She had trouble understanding what I meant, so I told her an example. The difference between the metaphor "He was a rock" and the simile "He was like a rock" is the word "like".  I explained to her that all three of us compare things, just in slightly different ways and that's why we're a family. I'm hoping now that my younger siblings are done asking me questions for now because explaining all our differences is starting to get exhausting.

No comments:

Post a Comment