Monday, September 21, 2015

One of My Best Uses

Hello again! Today I would like to tell you all about one of my favorite uses. The great job I did in this Poem by Langston  Hughes is a perfect example of what I can do. It's called "Mother to Son" Lemme show you.


Well, son, I'll tell you:
Life for me ain't been no crystal stair.
It's had tacks in it,
And splinters,
And boards torn up,
And places with no carpet on the floor --
Bare.

But all the time
I'se been a-climbin' on,
And reachin' landin's,
And turnin' corners,
And sometimes goin' in the dark
Where there ain't been no light.
So boy, don't you turn back.
Don't you set down on the steps
'Cause you finds it's kinder hard.
Don't you fall now --
For I'se still goin', honey,
I'se still climbin',
And life for me ain't been no crystal stair.


Now in this Poem, lines 2-7 is the brilliant work of ME, a conceit! You may think that life and a physical staircase have nothing to do with each other,  but I was able to prove that they do!  Thanks to me, life was somehow related to an old staircase, and it made sense! You're welcome, Langston Hughes! (If she were still alive) Now what separates me from my little brother metaphor is that I lasted 5 lines! I was extended way longer than my brother would have been; he might have only lasted one line or phrase!

No comments:

Post a Comment